Our Huehetenango coffee is a Organic, Fair Trade, and Shade Grown. It is a single-origin coffee, grown by Mayan farmers, members of the Asociación Barrillense de Agricultores (ASOBAGRI) whose main office is located in the community of Santa Cruz Barillas, Huehuetenango. ASOBAGRI was founded in 1989 by 20 farmers and now has close to 1,200 members scattered throughout Huehuetenango and El Quiche provinces, representing the Maya Q’anjob’al, Mam, Akateco, and Ixil ethnic groups.
Our Guatemala Huehuetenango coffee is organic certified. The organic coffee plots are inspected by the Guatemalan certification agency, MayaCert S. A. The coffee is also Fair Trade certified by Fair Trade USA.
- Coffee Varietals: Bourbon, Caturra
- Elevation: 3,937 – 5,249 feet
- Post Harvesting Process: Washed and Sun Dried on patios
- Bean Characteristics: Strictly Hard Beans, Hard Beans
- Harvest Season: November to April
- Organic Certification Agency: Mayacert, S.A.
1 lb, 12 oz, 5 lb
Kraft, Tin Foil